In reply to one more lovely post of a lovely (do they count as fellow- when they are a lot more successful?) blogger, I decided to try to define my rules. It’s like… um… my colours, but then different. Because the colours were externally identified, even though I placed myself in the same box as others did, while this might be the first step towards non-compliance with the external image. So, here goes:
1. I shall do and enjoy things because of their intrinsic value, if I choose to recognise it, and not because of the value others bestow upon them.
2. I shall not be low maintenance. And if I choose to be, I shall not mutter about it afterwards.
Corollary> I shall allow myself to break down properly. The occasional mini-whining and moaning behind the computer will no longer do.
3. I shall embrace my inconsistencies and make them into personal style. Just like the dutchică I speak with the girls.
4. I shall attempt to get less annoyed when I think I know better. It’s not necessarily my time others are wasting.
5. I shall stop striving for acceptance and trying to be good at everything. (this one is hard, it will be the first to get broken).
6. I shall say no.
7. I shall try to get a better apreciation of how what I do really affects people around me instead of obsessing about humongous consequences.
However, doing all of the above will feel so out-of-character, will take so much conscious effort and will give me so much more/other crap to deal with, that I’ll probably not be able to enjoy any of the benefits of the `responsible for your own happiness` campaign. I might as well just wade along then…